Friday, May 15, 2009

The digs…

I rolled into Austin and drove straight to our new place on the afternoon of Cinco De Mayo. Arriba!



It’s perfect. Definitely large enough for the two of us, lots of feng shui in the layout, cool angles and curves everywhere, tall ceilings- I’m saying 12 to 14 feet, a huge bathroom with a correspondingly large garden tub, near floor to ceiling windows on one wall of the living space that have a view of the hills, French doors that open to reveal a shallow balcony and a huge shade tree and the landscaped pool and bbq area off to the left, a cool stone fireplace, sizable kitchen with a pantry big enough for that ‘stockpile food’ syndrome I inherited from my family…ahhh…this place is going to make a great home.

Andy and I got to break it in a little this week. He flew in from Myrtle Beach for what I was hoping would be a vacation-esque trip but turned out to be a lot of work for him. That’s good though. We rounded up some things for the place. I would love to show you some pics but…

I used google to find an address and paper maps to try and find a best buy today. How old school. Finally made it there only to discover they are completely sold out of compact flash card readers and as such, I have no way to get the new pics off my camera and onto the computer. Bummer. I was just so tired of having our blog but having nothing written on it yet that I decided to dispense with the photos for now and simply go with words. Now I must quit playing and get back to studying. Have my National Academy of Sports Medicine exam in the morning. Eeeeek…


2 comments:

  1. Ms. Jackson.....GOD.....IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!
    If you get this, PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL ON MY CELL 727-565-8099 WOULD LOVE TO, NEED TO HEAR FROM MY OLD PARTNER IN CRIME!!!! BABY GIRL, CALL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE MY EMAIL AS SSFOUNTAIN@MSN.COM....BUT CALL ME WOMAN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your blog! I'm so happy you guys will be showing off your wonderful photography and terrific writing. Can't wait to hear about your experiences as you guys settle into our adopted hometown.

    ReplyDelete